Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday - Remixed

Why hallow Wardrobe Wednesday-ers.  How was your week?

I hope you are inspired to pop on a little bit of pretty every day and that you'll come share with me.  This week we have a brand new theme.  In honour of New Zealand Music month, and as suggested by Miriam some months ago this month is about about the Remix

So one garment (or accessory - but if you just wear the same necklace every week that's not as awesome as thinking up a different way to accessorize or wear your dress four ways, if you get me?) worn each week with a different spin on it. (oh, I know - but its music month so I get to put in as many music-related puns as I can.  So there.)

As usual there really are no rules.  Just dress up, make yourself feel good and linky up here every week.  Oh and prize I hear you ask?  How about either a $30 iTunes credit or a music voucher or an $80 Sailor Spy voucher prize winner will choose.  I have the tough job of judging you all once again.

December is cold. This is the warmest mix since Baileys Met Coffee
Image from here
I had grand plans to have a special famous guest to interview and judge our efforts this month, but errrr no one returned my calls.  I guess I'll just have to love their fashion from afar.  More on that next week....but for now, some pictures:

Silk Shift: Sailor Spy 
Dress: (worn as a slip) Starfish
Merino Cardi: Max (outlet)
Necklace: Chevron pendant by Sly Fox
Shoes: Kelly Green heels by Isabella Anselmi


You do realise that I can't let the opportunity go past to show you how versatile my own designs are right?  

I wore this out to a very rare dinner date with my man the other night, courtesy of a voucher sent to us by this awesome lady.  We stopped at Hagley Park on the way into town to snap these quick shots.  

Oh and I nearly forgot - the winner from last months Inspired by series was

Lou wrote me:
Lost Seamstress is my pick. I loved both of her April posts; the 11th -   with her boots and jersey combo, & the 18th –  that yellow necklace = loved it! I like her attention to detail and the way she works textures together so well. She has inspired me!   
In this way she nudged herself ahead ever so slightly from Miriam 
 
 in her blue with red stripes number (ha! moxie!), 
Wardrobe Wednesday - April 18, 2012 
(I am completely with her in her denial of autumn) and
 
Dee Construction (how does she do it?!)

If you want to join in this week.... 
Add you link below and be sure to check out what everybody else is wearing.  You can grab this button to add to your post if you like.  Linky is open until next Tuesday.  Everyone who links up is automatically entered in this month's prize draw.







Pin It

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the colour and drape of your blue shift it is stunning! Glad my tights made you smile! :o) Fingers crossed for this month...awesome prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are able to (and DARE to) sew silk? i am in awe, lady!
    i'm getting a real Sailor Spy craving..... :)
    hope your week is going great ~D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that blue silk dress is gorgeous. and woohoo there goes the necklace I made again! famous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must get myself one of those shifts... Looks great on you, on Cat... lovely lovely lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. That silk shift is awesome I want one! And what a great idea for a theme - this is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your silk dress, stunning colour and cut! And as always, your whole outfit looks lovely! Hope you have a brilliant weekend xx

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....