Thursday, September 19, 2013

Commission

Here's another commission I've undertaken recently.  Normally I don't create designs from scratch in a traditional dressmaking sense - the costs of developing a pattern from scratch are to prohibitive for most clients and I prefer to work within my aesthetic (its more pleasing and successful).



However Jude came to me with this idea, we talked and we pulled out vintage fabric and my sunseeker shift block (visitors to my old Whangamata boutique "The Wardrobe" may remember it) and came up with this piece.  I'm overjoyed with how it turned out - thank you Jude, you were a wonderful client to work with!


Some of the lines - like the deep scoop pockets and the racer back are concepts I'm working with for Spring/Summer pieces.  I like the idea of transition - carrying over elements of my designs from season to season, so that seasonal collections fit together - they tell a bigger story.


It was worth taking the time to match the check (which is cut on the bias).  While this piece came too late for inclusion in my Spring Summer ready to wear range, I think this little jumper will work beautifully in Autumn with tights, boot and merino.  Expect to see some more then.

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Ooh now I LOVE that! So pretty and I bet its really flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous - can definitely see it for Autumn too... will have to keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! So versatile! I love clothing that could be worn in different ways and seasons. Beautiful! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just imagine that in Autumn....great for layering :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it's gorgeous Nin - great work lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Nin, and the fact that you meticulously matched the checks makes me collapse in happiness. It galls me when they are all willy nilly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love it!!!! what a cool design

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....