Monday, November 11, 2013

Latest Makes {Pictorial}

One of a series of summer pieces, some of which are in collaboration with Dee.  This one is the castaway jacket.  They are nearly ready.

They are an exploration of faded elegance and the beauty in imperfection.  Christine reminded me of the Japanese term for this Wabi Sabi.  The stitching details and hand stamped label made from a vintage fabric scrap are added give a 'lived in' appearance, a sense of the hand that made the garment, a history in a way.


Thank you to those lovely people who have contacted me recently, keen to catch up with me at the Lost and Found market next Saturday.  I don't do so many markets these days - they are quite a juggle with the family as it turns out, so I'm looking forward to it.



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love all the details of these jackets! Looking good and that material really has a summery vibe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh this looks so lovely! I especially love the hand stitching detail :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....