Friday, December 6, 2013

Slow

One of the last parts of this garments journey:


I sew all my buttons by hand.  You can get a machine to do it, but I always thing hand sewn buttons stay put - whereas machine applied ones can unravel.  Have you ever had a thread hanging off your button and pulled it, only to have the button fall off?  Machine applied.

Applying the buttons by hand is a slow journey, but I often contemplate what description I'll write for this piece.  Who might like to wear it and with what.

Today I'm enjoying the act of creating [in a] slow fashion.  Sitting in a comfortable spot, enjoying the sunshine, contemplating the summer ahead of us - golden days for easy sleeveless cotton tops just like this one.

{A shop update is imminent}

1 comment:

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....